Thimiana is located 7 km south of town and the transfer from the city to this village takes 10 minutes by car. It is one of the largest villages with about 1600 inhabitants. The village used to be called as Efthimiana, which is a known location for its many quarries from which the famous stone is extracted in many shades of brown and red. The Thimiana stone is a wonderful decorative material for buildings. Many houses and churches in the Kampos are built from this stone. At Thimiana there is the great church of Agios Efstratios, a masterpiece of local architecture, which is built from this particular stone. Thimiana is also known for its Carnival, called “Mostra” by locals.