Neohori  Chios

Neohori


Hits: 1227

Neohori or Nechori located 9 km south of the town of Chios (Hora called by locals) and is among the first Mastihohoria encountered when leaving the city. According to tradition, the original location of the settlement was on the beach of Agia Fotini (St. Fire ), in Kamari which was abandoned after raids. The modern Nechori consists of a set of graphics masonry construction. The village's main church is dedicated to St. Mary and is an example of local architecture of the 19th century. Modern houses erected outside the boundaries of the old town to the provincial road Chios - Kallimasia - Nenita. The beach of Agia Fotini is near, as well the Monastery of St. Minas, which is built on a hill near the village.

Designed By Michalis Simiakakis