It was first explored in 1985. The cave is sufficiently exploited to visit and consists of a main chamber, which is apparent the detachment of some sections of stalactites along with the formation of new ones. It deserves a visit and the decoration is of particular interest.The place, where the entrance has been constructed, has spectacular views over the Aegean.
On the steep slopes of the hill of Prophet Elias, archaeological excavations have brought to light the remains of a settlement of the early historical period (8th century BC.) which has been built in a strategic position for maritime communications.
The plateau of the hill, just below the highest peak at an altitude of 250 meters, is built the fortified citadel of the settlement, the Palace, the altars and the temple of Athena. Outside the citadel, at the steep slope of the hill is the main
The church of the Old Taxiarchis, a vaulted monoklitos basilica which became double roomed in the 1794. In the north aisle is groined while in the old department there are blind arches with decorative bottlenecks used and a circular sanctuary apse. Inside there have been revealed remarkable frescoes while the carved temple of the church with many scenes from the Old and New Testament, is a work of 1833, and a representative sample of local woodcarving.
The oldest temple perhaps is that of