The church of the Old Taxiarchis, a vaulted monoklitos basilica which became double roomed in the 1794. In the north aisle is groined while in the old department there are blind arches with decorative bottlenecks used and a circular sanctuary apse. Inside there have been revealed remarkable frescoes while the carved temple of the church with many scenes from the Old and New Testament, is a work of 1833, and a representative sample of local woodcarving.
The oldest temple perhaps is that of St.Thalelaios at Agio Gala.
Othe rchurches of Mesta is Agia Paraskevi, St.Vlassios (1739), St. John and the Great Tachiarchis.